Sally's Story


On January 18th of this year I was given a course of Noroxin for a urinary tract infection. I took ONE pill on Sunday night and when I woke up in the morning I felt like I had been poisoned. Never having any stomach or digestive problems in my life, I couldn't imagine what was happening, I went to the hospital where I was told that it was a stomach burn and given maalox but told to keep taking the drug for the whole 3 days. Foolishly I did. From that day on my life has been a terrifying nightmare. I have had every imaginable test done on me, been in and out of hospitals, given a whole barrage of drugs, and nothing much is showing up. For months I was treated for acid reflux because my Upper GI series showed a hiatus hernia. Strangely though none of the medications worked and that kind of thing does not have a sudden onset with the severity of symptoms I was having. On June 1 in desperation, I had surgery for acid reflux and after 5 months am no better. The surgeon thinks my symptoms are from something else.

All along I have been insisting that the Noroxin poisoned me but the medical community does not want to acknowledge this. Their answer is that it should be resolved by now!

I feel like my whole digestive system has been burned. I have non-stop gas and at times the pain is so unbearable that I can barely function. I only hope that in time I will recover because this drug has taken my life away from me. I feel like my life will never be the same again. I have spent hundreds (if not thousands) of dollars trying to get help and the energy that i have expended in doing this could better have been spent trying to regain my health. I have seen a naturopath, an internist, a surgeon and many family physicians and no one has been able to tell me what to do.

Last Updated 4/15/04